See what events and workshops are currently available.
Are you just beginning your book-writing journey
and need some guidance and support?
Or perhaps you're interested in starting and running
your own publishing company.
You might have a great book idea, but don't have
the time or expertise to put the words around it.
The Publishing Prep School offers a wide range of services
and classes on the publishing process, writing for publication,
and the business of being an author or self-publisher.
In addition, we offer book coaching to help you write
and complete your manuscript, whether fiction or non-fiction. Coaching
is customized to your needs, and also includes the "Tell-A-Book"
option. Simply call in and tell your coach your book!
Self-publisher consulting walks you through the steps
of setting up your own publishing company, compiling your book,
production, and business start-up techniques.
- Free 30-minute consultation about your book idea by phone or
in person (Requires submission of a preliminary book proposal).
- Free 3-chapter read to determine editorial needs, potential
- Manuscript review (1st edit, written commentary, in-person
- Your decision regarding publishing or self-publishing
- Publishing or production proposal (timeline and budget)
- Book production (includes book design, typesetting, proofreading,
- Acquisition of International Standard Book Number (ISBN), Library
of Congress Cataloging Number (LCCN), Cataloging-in-Publication
(CIP) data block under Goblin Fern Press, one of our imprints
(Radiant Heart Press or Lisqué Books ), or your own publishing
company; submission to Books in Print.
- Author / publisher training in submission to fulfillment houses,
Amazon.com, wholesalers, distributors, and bookstores.